Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blocks Three and Twelve

So you know I said that I was going to be a better blogger, but the best laid plans don't include three trips to Urgent Care, bronchitis, upper respiratory infection, and three bouts of the stomach flu. I am not sure, but I think that Norovirus hit the entire household last week. Anyway, there has been lots of laying on the couch, eating saltines, and drinking Gatorade. This past Thursday was the first day that everyone went to school and or work for over seven days.

Anyway enough of the gross stuff. I managed to finish block three and then decided to do block 12, because it looked pretty easy on my C@HRH. I am using DMC on this instead of the silks. I am sure it doesn't look as good as it could, but I have this thirteen year old that is growing like a weed, always needing money for something, so we went with the cheaper option of DMC. The good news is that this coming summer he will be able to work at City Rec and make some of his own money to spend. Here are my pics.




Have a great week, I hope it keeps you in stitches. Maybe next time I will have something a little more appetizing to talk about besides germs and stuff.

2 comments:

Mary said...

So glad that you are feeling better! I hear that the virus is here as well, and sounds pretty bad.

Your C@HRH looks so pretty! I think the DMC looks great. I've used DMC several times in place of NPI silks, and I was pleased. And, there is a big $aving$!!

Brigitte said...

Looks really great, that block. I stitch my HoHRH with DMC threads, too, and I love them. Maybe it looks better with silks but as I don't know the difference I don't care. DMCs are so much easier to get here than silks.
Good to read that you have overcome all those viruses and that you and your family are better. The Norovirus is still going around here so I'll keep my fingers crossed ...