Thursday, January 3, 2013

A New Year and Perhaps a Better Blogger


So I am hoping that all of you have had a wonderful holiday season. I know that we have enjoyed the break from school and work, but tomorrow we go back to our old routines. I have managed to get some stitching done over break. I am working on Christmas at Hawk Run's Hollow. I have almost three entire squares finished.
I am hoping that next year I will have lots more stitching and quilts finished.


Right now I am typing this blog post on my new laptop from the boys. We did have an extremely nice Christmas. Christmas day it was just the three of us and my mom, which was nice and relaxing. Then the weekend after Christmas we had Invasion of the Clan. It was a nice experience, I bowed out of few activities, but they were all here on Saturday night to eat pizza and play games. It was quite a loud celebration. J had a friend over that night and we had a couple of other friends stop by also. You know you have a house full of company when you have to break out the lawn chairs for everyone to have a place to sit. I had to chuckle because they were playing this dice game for four people and about every 3-4 minutes someone would yell because they had "Tenzi", and this was usually followed by three or four other yelps from those who lost. I wondered if the neighbors could hear us at one point.


On the down side of things we have had a lot of flu and little viruses going around and around. My mom got one of those for Christmas. We ended up at Urgent Care the day after Christmas, she had bronchitis, was dehydrated, and had some other sort of virus. They wanted her to go to the hospital, but she would not hear of that. Today she finally seems about normal, but it has taken seven days and lots of meds to get to that point.

The boy got a dirt bike for Christmas, and his dad bought himself a four wheeler. Jonathon was really happy with the dirt bike I think. We gave him his other presents and the last one was helmet. He thought it was to ride the old dirt bike at the shop. We had him come out to the garage to help put the trash away. He looked at the bike, said, "Oh, my God." really slow. Walked around it and sat on it and then took a picture with his cell phone to text a friend. I was standing there thinking to myself--"That's it!?!" He has had fun with it, however, so I guess he was jumping up and down on the inside.

Well we are t-minus 3.5 hours for the Fiesta Bowl, which the boys are all excited for. J is busy now preparing hot wings and chicken strips with wing sauce. The smell is making my nose twitch. They will be cheering on the K-State Wildcats!






3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Your CaHRH looks great, you've made some nice progress on it. You will certainly finish it by the end of this year.
Great to read that you had a nice and relaxing Christmas Day. This means that you were fully relaxed when the Invasion of the Clan happened, lol.
Have a great New Year!

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Thank you! I have learned when the invasion happens I only have to do the things I want to do. They don't care if everyone does everything, so it is pretty relaxed.

Mary said...

Your WIP is so pretty! I love the colors. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
Glad you had a nice Christmas, and wishing you a Happy New Year!