Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Framed Pieces

So it look as if I have been away for quite some time. I don't know where the time goes for me, but obviously it has been flying by. I recently had two pieces framed and added to my walls at home. They are hanging in my kitchen, but after looking at them hanging there for the past four days I have come to the conclusion that I might need to paint the kitchen so the stitching will match better.



I haven't made much progress on my latest stitching project. It seems as if something is always in the way. Dan went to NH to help his aunt celebrate her 90th birthday earlier in the month, at the same time he was gone we were getting tile in our kitchen and utility area, so the entire house was in disarray while he was gone. Then I just couldn't seem to get in the mood to stitch anything. I have been reading a lot here lately. Last weekend, of course we had the super bowl and, well I treat that as some sort of national holiday. So Saturday, Jonathon and I went to Tulsa and ran around. We went to the Silver Needle's super bowl sale, and SAMS. I got some great new stash and Jonathon got himself a new Patriots t-shirt. And at SAM's let's just say that should we have a monumental blizzard, or aramgeddon we are prepared. Sunday was a day of cleaning and cooking in preparation for the big game, so it was a no stitchin day, then Monday was back to work and Dan was off again to a school in Grand Island, Nebraska. I had conferences two nights last week, a doctor's appointment, and I had to run to Hobby Lobby to get my stitching picked up. Now we are bumping up against the NCLB testing and my kiddos start this Wednesday and test until Friday. This year 91.7% of them have to pass the test or we will be "on improvement". So right now my hands are itchy and swollen, and I am thinking it is my usual outbreak of State Assessment hives. This time of year I usually get them on the soles of my feet, in my hair, and on the palms of my hands. Needless to say it is hard to stitch while on a steady diet of Benadryl. And what the heck happened to winter?

So there you have it, your update from the funny farm.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

The last week of February and the first few days of March is our state testing days...I'm always more nervous than my kids...we have one that struggles in testing, for some reason all A's in the classroom and then when it comes to assessments....blah!
I love your newly framed beauties!

Brigitte said...

Wow, these are two beautiful pieces. I know the Prairie Schooler one but have never seen the second. Great!