Sunday, October 30, 2011

Number 25 and Counting

...Nope, didn't just have birthday number 25, didn't lose 25 pounds, didn't win 25 million dollars in the lottery, either. Just started cross-stitching my 25th shepherd's Bush stocking, for quite a cutie pie named Drake. I will be starting number 26 soon, and after Christmas I will be starting number 27. I now have stockings in 5 states! The other pic is of the progress I have made on my fall abc's from Prairie Schooler.



This week I had inservice on Thursday and the day off on Friday so I thoroughly enjoy the time away from work and I enjoyed the extra time to stitch. Thursday our inservice ended early so that was a nice bonus. On Friday I took Jon and some friends to the Neewollah carnival to ride some rides and basically twirl themselves into oblivion. I must be getting old because I sat on the steps of a nearby building and just watched the rides run and got a headache from them going in circles. I am pretty sure it didn't bother any of them because they ate like horses afterwards.

Other than laundry that seems to be my life in a nutshell. We are getting ready to do some remodeling on the house. Replacing windows and doing some repair and fixing up in the bathroom. I don't why anyone including my husband and the contractor think November is a good time to do this. I am thinking it should be short and sweet process, otherwise I probably won't be very sweet about it.

Hope all my East Coast friends are enjoying their snowfall. I know many of you are without power and what not, but I do love my snow. Hope you get lots of stitching done while it snows.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

These are two great projects - and both from designers I love. And wow, the 25th stocking! That's really a great job.

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Thank you! I do enjoy stitching the stockings.