Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Stuff



Here is a picture of J at bat this season. He is now over 5 feet tall, it is hard to believe. He has outgrown all of his jeans and his shorts this summer. He is really enjoying this baseball season. They have only won one game, but he is having fun playing this year. It is amazing the progress that his team has made this season. The coach, as I said before, is sort of old school, and expects them to listen and follow directions. He really isn't about winning, just playing good ball. Last night he took all of their shirts back at the end of the game to put their names on them. He made them win a game before they earned their name on a shirt, I guess I never thought much about having their names on their shirts, but this coach has made it a sort of rite of passage. Plus, he is pretty funny he gives the kids these nicknames--he calls one kid "Cupcake". This kid wore a shirt one night to practice that said something about cupcakes. At the game one night this kid was telling the others in the field what to do and the coach yelled out, "Cupcake, you just worry about pitching and I will do the coaching."

I took my flag to be framed this morning I am kind of worried about how it will looked when I get it back. It was terribly wrinkled. I put it in the dryer, and I ironed and ironed it. It used overdyed thread, not the newer colorfast version, so I couldn't use steam on it. I don't use a hoop or q-snap when I stitch so it was really wrinkled. I did manage to get the design part ironed, so I hoping when they stretch it, it is smooth. The girls at the Hobby Lobby where I take it always seem to do a really good job, so I am remaining hopeful. Of course it took a huge frame to frame it. I have already warned J that he will lose he coveted spot over the entertainment center for the flag. His pic will have to go some place else.

I have been getting bakish here lately. I have been making cookie dough for the freezer for those days when somebody wants a quick snack. The altar Society at church is having a bake sale on July 3rd, so I will be baking some cinnamon rolls for the occasion.

Well, I am off to go through my cross-stitch basket and find my next project. I do have two Shepherd's Bush stockings to do this summer, we are having a another population boom!

See you around, until next time happy stitching!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

I'm also very curious to see your finished flag piece framed. You certainly won't see the wrinkles any longer after the piece being stretched for framing.
Enjoy your school holidays!