Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh What a Week!

Not a lot of stitching has been going on this week or last week and quite possibly the week before. This week we had parent teacher conferences. This meant working until 8 Monday night and 7 Wednesday night. Monday night we were notified that a student who was dealing with a chronic illness had passed. Then we made up a snow day on our conference day off. So to say it has been a lonnnnnnnnnng week is an understatement.

Some days my job makes me laugh, some days is exasperates me. This week we have had a little of all both. We are currently reading a novel, which takes place in the late
1950's. It is about a teen age girl getting who is on the list of student to integrate Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas. The first time I taught this novel I downloaded several songs that was mentioned in the book and throughout the book I have been playing these songs for them. When I play the music I always ask them if they want to dance. Being as cool as my students are they look at me like I have grown a second head. Today between classes I left the music playing while I ran to the restroom. When I came back in my room on the way to my desk, the class clown asked me a question. I replied, "I don't know, do you wanna dance?" The entire class started laughing. He stood up and announced everyone owed him a million dollars because he bet the class a million dollars that I would say that.

We are back in the midst of the cold and flu season here. J has been home with a slight fever, headache, and sore throat today. He has been home a couple of times here recently with the same symptoms, some kids are gone as many as five days, but he just has it a day or two at a time. Hopefully, he is not going to get it as badly as some of the others.

We had a major milestone here on Valentine's Day. J's last party of elementary school. As one dad said walking out of the building it is a sad and happy day all at once. I have to agree. I just don't know if I am ready to spend all day with middle schoolers and live with one at the same time.

Next week, my kiddos take the state reading assessment. I am sure there won't be a lot of stitching going on next week either.

Until we meet again have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

You did have a busy week! I hope the bug has left your house for good. It's no fun being sick.

Mary said...

You have been busy lately! That's so sad to have lost a student.

Hope you can slow down and finally find some quality stitching time! Sta well!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, how I know this kind of week. And there's a major sigh and a Hallelujah when it's Friday afternoon, lol.
Hope fully your son has recovered from the flue and you won't get it from him.