Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1/2 a Blizzard


...so this is the view out my front window this morning. All weekend we had temps in the 60's and were under a winter weather alert the entire time. Yesterday we were upgraded to a winter storm warning and later a blizzard warning. We have wind chills in the negative numbers, winds 20 to 30 mph, with gusts up to 40 mph. Although this is nothing compare to what some of my blogging friends have seen this winter, it is pretty bad for our parts of the world. J's school canceled for the next two days before school got out yesterday. My school is taking it a day at a time. A small school district to the south let out early yesterday and cut the electricity to trim tree limbs away from the power lines. I think this is supposed to last until the wee hours of the morning, that is why I titled the post 1/2 a blizzard. Yesterday on the way home I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some Diet Pepsi and it was absolute pandemonium. I didn't even want to try and brave Wal-Mart! A friend went to Wal-Mart and said people were grabbing milk as fast as they put it on the shelf and they were out of eggs completely. I didn't notice the grocery store being out of much except potatoes.
And, of course, all of you know what this means....stitching time! WooHoo!

No comments: