Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Am...



as you can see one of the world's messiest cooks. This is just the beginning of marathon cinnamon roll making yesterday. I started at 11 in the morning and got done about 5. I still have cookies to bake for school on Wednesday, as the student council needs about 800 cookies for that day, and we have a luncheon on Tuesday that I need to cook something for. Then I have to make a treat for whichever class has the highest percentage of students with their AR goal. Last weekend I made five cream cheese filled pumpkin rolls, not one of them came out of the pan in one piece! In fact, the one we ended up eating I had to put together like a jigsaw puzzle! I am tired of cooking! So tonight is sandwiches and chips!

We are skipping the church's covered dish dinner tonight. We had breakfast at church this morning. I really just want to sit and do nothing. Last night the three of us all went to basement and watched Christmas With The Kranks, I finally bought the DVD this year. I love that movie! I couldn't believe in all the times I have watched it on TV that Dan said he had never seen it. I just love the scene where Jamie Lee Curtis chases that canned ham across the parking lot and it gets ran over by a semi! I know it will probably never be considered a cinematic classic, but I think it does prove a point that we get so wrapped up in the idea of what Christmas is about, instead of just enjoying the season.

Wednesday Christmas break starts, so if you are looking for me on Thursday I will be on the end of the couch with an icy diet coke, stitching and watching my soaps. My Christmas is never complete unless I am there when the Horton's put their ornaments on the tree. I know silly, huh? When I was a little kid my grandma babysat us and she watched that soap, so the Horton's and I have had Christmas for about 40+ years!

Have a super week! See you soon!

2 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I finally have all the Christmas decorations up. Tomorrow I start making and baking. I put everything on a spreadsheet with what is to be made on what days and in what order. So think of me as you're drinking your diet Coke and watching your soap. Merry Christmas!

Birgit said...

Ein ganz gemütliches Weihnachtsfest und ein gesundes neues Jahr!
Or maybe I should say have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year!

liebe Grüße
Birgit