Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas



This is a photo of the church that we attend. The parish always does a wonderful job of decorating for holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Every year we have a Christmas Eve Mass as we share a priest with the neighboring town. We always have a wonderful Mass with beautiful music. For a small parish we have some wonderfully talented musicians.



Here is the boy and his little dachshund, Murphy. Murphy got quite an assortment of doggy toys for Christmas. She was truly excited by all of them and was just like a kid when opening her presents, in true childlike fashion she liked the bows, paper, and boxes best of all.



The man of the house got an emergency weather radio. This is what you get someone when you can not think of another thing to get them. At first he didn't know what it was, which surprised me. When he found out he loved it! We have been listening to weather reports non stop. It really does not take too much to keep this guy happy!

Well, Christmas has come and gone for another year. We still have the decorations up and all, this year for Christmas I got some new Vera Bradley things in Very Berry Paisley. On the day after Thanksgiving my mom got me some things from the Vera Bradley store in Grapevine, Texas. She included the free tote she got in my box, and lo and behold my cousin Kathy sent me a cosmetic bag in the same pattern! I also got a sore throat, earache, fever, etc. I have spent most of today laying on the couch with my blanket. I finally came to the conclusion I wouldn't feel any worse up doing some things here and there than I do lying around.

I am going to spend the next day or so cleaning out drawers and other places in our house. I will either make a large deposit at our local thrift shop or drop it all off at Goodwill when I go to Hobby Lobby later this week. We just have so much stuff clothes wise. You don't make that much having a rummage sale, so I figure if you just give them away at least someone is getting some good out of them. I can always find someone to take Jonathon's hand-me-downs off my hands. We are also going to clean out some toys from the toy room and find a good home for them. I am sure that there are some daycare or pre schools that could use them. I probably should have done that before Christmas, but every time I open that door and look in I end just closing it and walking away.

Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Vonna said...

You make me laugh....the "this is what you get someone when you cannot think of anything to get them" is hysterical to me :) LOL! My husband got a pair of Christmas Story boxers for the same reason! LOL! :)

Have fun cleaning...I do the same thing every year during this week too....you know start the new year off fresh! Hugs!