Friday, July 30, 2010

O' Holy Night



So here is my latest finish. This pattern worked up quite quickly as I started on the top section and finished each one completely before moving on to the next. The one thing I think would have made it better was if the fabric the shop sent was a little lighter in color. They knew what I was going to stitch on it, but I don't suppose that they can help the dye lot of their fabrics. I can't take all the credit for this one being finished so quickly, I have to give some credit to Discovery Channel. Their marathons of the Deadliest Catch gave me many hours of stitching. My new start is LHN Home of a Needleworker. It seems to be stitching up quite fast. I am not sure what will be next. I did break my promise to myself the other day and ordered yet more patterns.

Summer continues to roll on here. Jonathon starts scool in approximately two and one half weeks. I don't go back until August 27 and our kids come on September 1. It sort of seems surreal that the end of July is here and I am not rushing around getting stuff finished because school is getting started. We are slowly getting back in the groove of school like activities. We have a two day soccer camp next week and relatives coming to visit. The relatives at least makes me clean up the house really well.

I had a birthday recently and my mom bought me this smaller three drawer cabinet that is sort of ornate with the wood carvings on the front. You know you have too much cross-stitch stuff when the two biggest drawers only held your fabric. Thank you Silkweaver's FOMC.

Have I ever told you what a wonderful son I have? Last night I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking about finances and other stuff, feeling quite glum. He asked what was wrong and I told him I felt bad that he didn't get to do anything fun this summmer. He hugged me and said, "but I got to spend time with you."

I have several projects lined up for the next couple of days. I want to scrub the front of my kitchen cabinets with Murphy's Oil Soap, and clean out my closet, and the garage. Then there will be the bathrooms, basement, and bedding, vacuuming, mopping etc. for the company. I cleaned out all of Jonathon's drawers the other day and got the clothes out that he can no longer wear out for the hand me down tote. I also need to get some school stuff I bought organized, and finish a scrapbook, so I can put that stuff back where it belongs.

Have a wonderful weekend if you can in this heat.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful finish!

Tracy J said...

This one is really pretty!

Just Charming said...

That was such a sweet thing for him to say! What a wonderful son you have raised! His reaction says a lot about you and Dan as parents. You have taught him well! I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. School here starts Monday. We're excited, but I was a little worried with Aiden being sick. We had to cancel his appointment to meet his teacher today. He is doing much better and should be fine for his first day. :)

Love your latest finish and enjoyed your pictures on FB. Really nice work!

Brigitte said...

Such a beautiful finish. Congratulations. And your new start is a great piece as well.
You still have a couple of weeks of vacation ahead. Ours just started last Thursday and I will be enjoying six long weeks of summer vacation.

Oklahoma Granny said...

When kids say things such as your son's comment to you, well I gotta say, it just warms my heart.