Monday, April 12, 2010

The Reasons I Am Not Stitching.....



Saturday after soccer we went to "Ravens for the Cure" to run the 5K. He did fine running the race , but didn't place. Their age group divisions were pretty broad, but after playing forward, mid-fielder, etc during the soccer he was pretty wiped before he started.



We began our day about 8:45 where he played in a soccer game with some of his peeps. Check out the colors on these uniforms. WOW! And yes, that is my kid with his mouth wide open! I am absolutely positive he gets that from his dad.



This is a scene from the sleepover last Thursday. They are becoming less and less tolerant of me, my camera, and my big ideas for cute pictures. I made them do this particular shot about four times before I got the one I wanted. Someday they will appreciate me. I look at it this way, I am working on graduation presents for the year 2017.

Of course add to that two yards to mow, Murphy the wonder dog, and baseball is starting. It seems that once school gets out we go through about a two week period where we are just happy to stay home and enjoy being home.

My last two thoughts are things that have been on my mind here recently and I thought I should share them with you. My friend Sara became an aunt for the first time Sunday night about 9 to a beautiful little girl named Macy, weighing in at 7 pounds 10 ounces. So of course congrats to Sara and her family. Macy, you will have a lot of fun with that crazy gal for an aunt. I was getting tickled, she started texting about 3 she was so excited. The last text before the birth was about 6 where she was quick to point out that the baby would at least wait until after The Amazing Race was over. I told her to take a deep cleansing breath and find her focal point!

The other thought is if you have the time or inkling please remember my aunt, who in her last stages of lung cancer. As much as we don't want her to leave her earthly home we also don't want her to suffer. We could use all the prayers we could get right now. She is my mom's next younger sister, in fact at the end of May they are the same age for about 2 weeks, needless to say her children, grandchildren, siblings and extended family are very saddened by this.

Have a great week!

No comments: