Friday, April 30, 2010

Excited for May

May 27th that is. Yep! that is the last day for the kiddos at my school and I will be so happy to watch them march off to high school. They went for their two hour orientation today and all they could talk about upon their return was the food in the cafetria. I can see that the experience was really effective for them.

Not much has been going on in our household. I did make an executive decision here about fifteen minutes ago-- the house can stay dirty because I am taking the weekend off and stitching. I have been trying every night to come home and work on the house and get something done, but just decided that I was tired and wasn't going to do anything this weekend. So there!

My poor little aunt weighing less than 70 pounds still hangs on, so that ofcourse has been a huge concern for me as she is my mother's closet sibling in age. Being an only child I will never know what it means to lose a sibling, which makes it equally hard to deal with. I believe my mother and aunt are what many people refer to as "Irish twins". They will both be 66 for about two weeks from the last of May to the first of June.

I am so looking forward to the months of vacation and having the time to stitch and get things organized around here. I have tons of stitching projects I would like to get done, but I also see tons of new stuff that I can't wait to buy and stitch up.

I am going to check out a new stitching store at the end of May called Hearts Desire in Wichita. Memorial Day Weekend my mother, Jonathon and I will be going to Wichita to attend the ordination of a family friend as new priest in our diocese. I am kind of excited to get to go and be a part of this as I have never been to an ordination before.



... and just so this wouldn't be one long ugly post with no photos here is one of my guy and his dog. I have a love/hate relationship with this dog, and sometimes I still can't believe I let them talk me into having a dog, in the house to boot! I was never one of those animal lover type people, but I am learning, slowly but surely, to become one. She doesn't chew so much anymore, but she is ten times more trouble than Jonathon was as a baby and toddler. I think it would have been easier to have another kid, then get a dog.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend, with lots of sunshine and warm weather.

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Oh, I can so understand your anticipation. End of school for the summer is always worth the wait.
Looking forward to hearing about that new stitching store and all your stitching projects for this summer.