Friday, April 2, 2010

Eleven Years Ago....

Eleven years ago today Jonathon was born-weighing in at 10 pounds 15.5 ounces and 22.5 inches long. It is hard to believe that it has been that long, as the old saying goes it seems like only yesterday. We spent five years trying to conceive on our own and another five going to the doctor, so he was a true work in progress. When he was born he was, of course, the biggest baby in the nursery. In fact they had to go out and buy different diapers for him because the newborn diapers the hospital had were too little. When we first brought him home I wasn't quite sure what to do with him and now I am not sure what exactly to do without him.

We had a sleepover last night with four friends. It was one of those years that he couldn't exactly decide what he wanted to do, in the end we picked the sleep over. I was up at 3 am and they were still going strong, Dan got up at 5 to get ready for work and they were awake, but when he left at 6 they were all asleep. We got him a netbook for this birthday. I haven't really been a fan of him being on the computer as the location in our house isn't that great for keeping up with a kid. This way he can be in the living room with us while he is online.

In fact I am using the little thing right now. Our dear little dog has been on a chewing spree lately. Twice she chewed the phone cord going to the computer and then the other day she chewed the cord going to the keyboard--hence no blog updates for a long time.

I have been stitching on the LHN Battle Hymn and have it mostly done. I really like the muted colors used in this design. I have the flowers at the bottom to do and some on the top. The pattern is working up quite fast. I have a lot done considering I haven't been stitching that much.

We only have a measly 39 days of classes left. Although this count does not include weekends. Then let the marathon stitching begin.

3 comments:

Just Charming said...

He was almost 11 pounds!?! Wow! It's hard to imagine that tiny little boy of yours being such a big baby! Amazing! You're amazing for carrying him, too!

Happy Birthday, Kiddo! I hope you had a great birthday. You definitely got a very COOL gift!

Vonna said...

I had 13 pounds of babies in me with the twins, I cannot imagine 1 nearly weighing that. You are now my idol! :)
39 days...that's in the bucket isn't it?!

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday to Jonathon.
39 days - sounds like a promise, lol. A promise that after that some great weeks will follow.