Monday, March 8, 2010

Impatiently Waiting

Spring Break and major stitching time is right around the corner and I honestly can hardly wait. The kids at school are getting the spring fever buzz in anticipation for the big break. When they get this way all common sense goes out the door in a flash. Case in point--today one of them swallowed a pop tab. Mom had to come and get said child take them to the emergency room for x-rays. We don't have pop at school and generally don't allow it on the premises unless a teacher brings it for a reward. So you see the weeklong break can not come soon enough. God only knows what they will eat or ________ (let your imagination run free..)

Jonathon and I have some very simple plans-- we are going to hang out at home and do whatever we feel like when we feel like doing it. I bought myself a little present for spring break. Everyone has been laughing at me for it, but I got myself a collection of all of the Walton movies to watch. I can't wait for Saturday so I can get out my stitching and sit back and enjoy.

I don't have any stitching pics or updates to show as I spent most of last week trying to keep my knee propped up so the swelling from being on my feet all day would go down somewhat.

This weekend I my father-in-law turned 85. We had a celebration for him in the little town not far from where he was born and raised. Several old friends and family stopped by to wish him well and a good time was had by all. This is a picture of my husband, his siblings and their dad that was taken that day.

2 comments:

Vonna said...

Hey! Walton's...I was just thinking about that show the other day, thinking that they don't make GOOD shows like that anymore. I was wondering if they had the tv series on DVD's...now I know! :) I think your idea of watching the Walton's and stitching 'til your heart is content sounds fabulous. Our Spring Break must be the same as yours....ours starts Friday after school this week on the 12th. Monday we're going to an indoor water park...all I have to say about that is ....ummmm....not looking very forward to it. :( 12 hours in a bathing suit in front of people...yikes....

Brigitte said...

Oh, how I love to watch a good show while stitching. One of my favourites is Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and sometimes on weekends when I don't have to correct papers I watch one episode after the other and stitch. It IS heaven, lol.
I hope your knee already feels a bit better. Have a great spring break!