Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Wrinkly Report



This is my newsest project start the July pattern from Prairie Schooler. As you can tell I did not iron it before I took the picture, hence the title of my post. I started it a couple of weeks ago after I finished the Lizzie Kate pattern. This is going quite smoothly, those old lady magnifying glasses do wonders. Who would have ever thought that being able to see would make stitching so much easier??

We have been busy here at mi casa. Jonathon is playing basketball, which hasn't been that much fun so far. Remember those try-outs we have to insure parity in the league--well, one team is a traveling type situation and generally has beat every one by at least 40 plus points. We have played them in both games we have had so far. I just told Jonathon that now we were done with them and things would get better. Of course after the first quarter our boys just kind of went through the motions in both games. Besides that whoever said life was fair??? and if they did well, they were obviously lying.

I had conferences last week for two nights, then I had Friday off. I spent the day or most of it at Jon's school volunteering with the RIF program and helping with the Valentine party. I had never got to do RIF and I must say I was quite impressed with the whole affair, each child got a free book. I had a ball looking at all the different books. I kept thinking I should have taken in my notebook and wrote down titles. I use a lot of lower level children's books in my English class to introduce basic concepts, then move up to our level. In the afternoon we had the valentine's parties for each class. What a difference a good teacher in control of their class makes. Every one was so well-behaved and mannerly. They were a great group. I brought those little bottles of pop for their drinks and they really liked that.

My Valentines took me out Saturday night to the Tavern to eat. The meal was delicious as usual and we had a good time. There was a local doctor there with their sweetheart. I assume they recently got engaged, because some friends came in to surprise them, I really got a chuckle over what happened next. In the excitement of everything the doctor, their Valentine, and friends took off, leaving with out paying their bar bill. In our small town it is kind of like Cheers--where everybody knows your name. You could tell the hostess was majorily miffed, she called the manager over and was talking and waving her arms and pointing. She went to bathroom and looked for the doctor.

I also have to chime with the Spinster Stitcher's comments on the newscaster and their predictions of upcoming snowstorms, causing a general panic and people running amuck to stock up on things. That has happened twice here lately. Both times they were predicting somewhere near a foot of snow, possible power loss etc. and we got zip, nada, NOTHING! That is why I refuse to get all excited anymore. I mean seriously with all the modern technology???

This week we begin state testing here in the Sunflower State, I must say that I am totally looking forward to getting in that computer lab the end of this week and getting the whole thing behind us. My kiddos are ready and hopefully eager to get it done!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Vonna said...

LOVE your new start girl! Love it!
:)

Brigitte said...

Your new piece is gorgeous. I love PS whatever they design. This one is so beautiful.
I hope you don't have too much snow in your region. When my daughter was in Lawrence at the beginning of this month it was snowing but might have melted away until now.