Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stitching Update...



Here's a pic of my progress on the Prairie Schooler July pattern. I haven't got as much done as I would have liked. It finally dawned on me when I was stitching them, that the little stars and curly cues above the house are fireworks. I am a sharp one! I took two personal days on Thursday and Friday. I managed to get quite a lot done Thursday evening and Friday morning/afternoon before my unfortunate accident.

I guess perhaps I should rename this blog the Klutzy Stitcher. I picked Jonathon up after school in Friday. I was so tired when we got home I laid down on the couch and dozed off. My mom called me and I jumped up to get the phone and noticed the clock said 4:30 I thought in my sleepy stupor that I had forgotten to pick up Jonathon, so I ran towards the phone. I don't know what exactly happened but I fell and fell hard My knee is all swollen up, my arm and shoulder are banged up and my thumb on my stitching hand is jammed and swollen. Then yesterday I had to take the car to Joplin for a factory recall, (Dan had to work) and I really didn't want to reschedule, plus I needed to go to Sam's and stock up on some stuff. So Jonathon helped me hobble around Sam's and load stuff in and out of the cart. I am sure if I had just rescheduled the car appointment my knee would look wonderful or at least better, but I didn't reschedule. I am trying to keep a good eye on it though and take aspirin everyday after the last time I fell and that began the whole blood clot in the arm debacle. My schedule and checkbook really can't manage that again.

I also started kitting up several different cross stitch projects. Most of them are small and shouldn't take too long for me to get done, and someday I hope to get back of Lady Liberty and my Stoney Creek schoolhouse.

We are officially on the countdown for Spring Break here, even the neighbor kid aka Batman knows what Spring Break means and he is only in kindergarten.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

Just Charming said...

Oh my! I didn't know about your fall! I hope you are okay. I saw you mention your knee on FB, but I didn't know what had happened! Take care of yourself and your sore limbs... please!