Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Year of 2010

It seems everyone else's blogs are talking about their plans or resolutions for the new year. I always make ny resolutions with the best of intentions, but never seem to go very far in keeping them. The main resolution I have this year is to work on being healthier. Of course I chose this one for many reasons, I am only 46 years old, but every month I go to the pharmacy and pick up a bunch of prescriptions for myself and frankly I am too young to be doing this. I need to be able to run around and do things with my ten year old son and not be a couch potato. I need to be able to take him up the street this spring and have batting practice with him to help him out when he starts baseball. I need to be able to play catch with him. I also need to be able to take him to an amusement park and actually ride the rides with him. So that is the main number one goal this year.

I have others of course, like learning the relax. Not always having to be running here or there. I have tried working on this the past two weeks when I have been on vacation. I have tried to stay put and just enjoy the time and use it productively. Usually I have plans to go here and there while on vacation, then when it time to go back to work I am exhausted and wonder how those two weeks flew by so fast! I actually thought of this when we were on vacation in Chicago last year. When I go on vacation I like to be going and moving, usually our vacation are two or three days and I like to see everything I can in that time. I spend days making itineraries, making sure that we use every single solitary minute of the time we have. I have friend and they always have these nice relaxing vacations at the lake and they come home so at ease and happy. I usually come home from vacation wanting a vacation. So this year I going to learn to take the time to stop and smell the roses so to speak.

The last resolution I have is to do more for others. It occured to me when I asked Jonathon to set down and make a Christmas list this year and he couldn't think of a single thing to put on it, that we had gone over the edge. So this year he and I are going to work on doing things to help others. One of our first projects is to make things for the church bazaar coming up in October. It is a start and I have a few more ideas, and we will see how those work out.

Today we have basketball "try-outs". That is the term they use although the kids aren't actually trying out. It is more of a skills assessment to try and keep the teams somewhat even and competitive with one another. I am sort of wondering if it will be canceled because we got more snow and freezing rain last night.

Stitching pictures will be coming soon. I have been working hard on Lizzie's Kate ABC of Life and can feel my first finish of 2010 coming soon. And I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Silver Needle order!

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

I like your NY resolutions. I am always trying to squeeze as much time as I can out of the day. Good luck with them.

Brigitte said...

I wish you all the best of luck with your resolutions. They all sound doable and I'm sure they will bring you more health and time to relax.