Sunday, January 17, 2010

1st Finish of the New Year



This afternoon while watching my Cowboys get trounced by Favre and the Vikings I finished Lizzie Kate's the ABC of Life. I really grew to love this pattern as I worked on it. At first I wasn't really impressed with the colors and you did a lot of stitching in brown, but as the whole thing emerged I thought the colors really complimented each other. Right now I am letting it hang for a few days to try and relax the remaining wrinkles. I don't use a hoop or a q-snap when I stitch so my stitching gets pretty wrinkled in the process. I ironed it good today, now I will let gravity work on it for awhile. I now will go back to my Shepherd's Bush "O' Holy Night".

I took two pieces to be framed last weekend and was quite happy when I walked into Hobby Lobby to find ready made open back frames 50% off as well as custom frames. When I left I felt like I had got the bargain of the year. I did these years ago when I was a SAHM. One of them is a SB Nativity Scene. Next year we will have a nativity on display. I always feel like a heathen when the priest talks about people who decorate, but don't have a nativity scene. That is one thing I am trying to do is get all of those finishes framed little by little. These should be ready next week and then I can take the ABC's to be framed.

I can't believe tomorrow is the 18th of January. Talk about time flying. I also think it is kind of odd that in the last month between Christmas vacation and snow days I have only worked eight days. That kind of sporadic working in the field of teaching doesn't do much for the motivation of either the teachers or students.

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Deirdre said...

I am working on this one too! I love LK=)

Vonna said...

Hey you heathen, love your finish and can't wait to see those frame jobs :)

Siobhan said...

What a beautiful finish! Congratulations.

babymomma122 said...

Hello! I'm new to blogging.I was wondering if u could check out my blog and tell me what u think? http://babymomma122-babymommachronicles.blogspot.com/ Thanks.

turi said...

hello you have a splendid one blog, would make it appeal to me that you visited my http://www.youturi.blogspot.com

Brigitte said...

A very beautiful finish indeed. I love how the letters at the beginning of the words are highlighted with different colours, makes them pop out very beautifully. Congratulations.