Sunday, December 13, 2009

Where's the Stitching?

So I suppose that all of you wondering what happened to the stitching on this blog. I am wondering if I will ever have the time to sit down and put needle and thread to fabric. I think it would be fair to say that my stitching progress or lack is all to be blamed on Pioneer Woman. I hope she is happy with herself about this! See, I used to make a bunch of "stuff" for Christmas and then take them to friends and family. But, then Sara got me hooked on Pioneer Woman. I found her cinnamon roll recipe, and decided that for once and all I was going to learn how to bake a decent cinnamon roll. Her recipe is so tasty and easy! Making them and giving them away makes me feel like a celebrity, as people carry on so about them.

This week I felt like the little engine that kept saying "I think I can, I think I can!" First off, I have had this sinus thing going on this week, I don't know if it is the common cold or something else, but I am pretty sure that Friday I ran a temp most of the day. Second, I had just a few little odds and ends to pick up here and there for Christmas, so I ran to Bartlesville to get that done Saturday. Jonathon was going to stay at a friend's house and then at the last minute decided to go. I actually was kind of excited he decided to go as he and I don't ever seem to get much time just the two of us. It was a wonderful time, he was foul Al the entire time. We were looking for dress shoes for him to wear to his band concert and Christmas Eve Mass. He is at the size where he can wear a very small men's size and they don't really carry a selection in boy's sizes that big. Well, they also don't carry very many men's shoes in that small of a size. So while the trip was productive it wasn't especially pleasant. The third reason I haven't got much stitching done is this.....



I decided that this year I was going to spend more time and effort in appreciating those who did nice things for me and reciprocate that kindness in some way. Early Saturday morning I started batch one. These weren't too bad as most of the recipients showed up at my door and picked them up. I cleaned up the kitchen from batch one and took off shopping, then came home to mix up batches two and three....



Here they are cooling on the kitchen table. After kitchen clean up part duex. My mom says I cook like my Grandma Hawkins, we were both very messy. Of course, Dan was none to happy to hear me say no I haven't cooked dinner, and no there are no cinnamon rolls here for you to eat. And truly, I didn't care. I shoved some money at him told him to go to Subway and get us dinner. "Our" cinnamon rolls finally got out of the oven at 10:15 pm.



This morning I got up early for Mass and tied pretty bows on all of them to make them look more "present-like". I even made a bow for the guy that lives at the farm! My mom's friend called and offered to adopt me if my mom ever wanted to get rid of me. She had eaten three of hers, but was going to start pacing herself with the rest. She better be careful what she wishes for!

I took one of the bigger pans to my aunt Artie. Artie has made me plenty of cinnamon rolls throughout the years. She also has taken on the planning of three fairly large family reunions. Every family has one person that leads that pack and on my dad's side of the family she is the go-to gal. Well, when my dad was alive every time Artie would bake cinnamon rolls my dad would show up at her house. believe me when he showed up he ate his fair share and then some. She didn't call and tell him, somehow he just knew she was baking them that day. He either had an spy on the inside, ESP, or the smeller of a bloodhound. Today she said eating them made her think of him so I guess that made my day yesterday very worthwhile. And I hope to not see another cinnamon until next Monday rolls around, when I start again.

Have a happy, stress-free, Christmas preparing week!

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Tammy, these pictures are a good compensation of the missing stitxhy pictures, lol. I drool over your cinnamon rolls just as much as over your stitchy pictures. People must have liked your cinnamon rolls a lot.