Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tis the Season

... to be busy! My vacation officially started at 3:00pm yesterday. Jonathon gets out in two days. Of course I don't think we will actually have a day to relax until maybe Wednesday. I still have a couple of baking things to do possibly. I was going to bake cinnamon rolls for his teacher, but I am sooooooooo tired of baking. So maybe I will just go and look for a really nice gift for her instead. Tonight we have church bingo and I have been cooking like a madwoman for that--I have 4 pies made, turkey salad for sandwiches, and a pot of ham and beans. Tomorrow is the church dinner, then Monday is the cup stacking tournament that Jonathon qualified for at school.

So yesterday everyone that met their AR goal earned a trip to the movies. We went to see Blindside with Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. What a great movie! If you haven't had the chance to see it yet you should. Some people might get the idea that it is a football movie, but really it isn't--it is about family. I think it really shows what living your faith truly means. Not everyone has it in them to do what the Tuohy's did, but everyone can do something and trust me from a teacher's perspective there are a lot of Michael Oher's in the world. You just never know when that one little act of kindness will change someone's life. I was worried that the kids would think it was corny or whatever, but they didn't they cheered out loud in parts and clapped in others and some even cried.

Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

We still have two days at school but next Wednesday is nour first day of vacation. I'm looking so forward to it.
Enjoy your free days.