Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Home Tour III



The last picture is from the parade last night. Of course I love anything with a flag, last year the local refinery had their community response vehicle in the parade with this huge flag and then they had their big flood light shining on it. I was really hoping that they would have it again this year and they did. I actually had my camera with me this year. On a dark cold night in real life it is a stunning sight. The light they have shining on it is so bright the street lights go out when they pass them on the parade route. This year I tired to take a photo of it, I didn't do a very good job, but here it is anyway.



The picture above is of another small tree. Every year my mom gives us these snowmen with our names on them and they are so small they get lost in the shuffle on the big tree, so this year we got the little guys a tree of their own.

Below is our big Christmas tree with all snowmen. When Jonathon was born I tried to start collecting decorations that were more kid-like and came up with snowmen. Every year I try to add an ornament or two to this tree.



Lastly, have you heard the song "Cryin' For Me" by Toby Keith? It is a beautiful song, and will probably make you cry. I saw the video this morning and when I got home from a donut run I came straight downstairs and downloaded it. The song is about Wayman Tisdale. Tisdale was a stand out basketball player for OU back in the eighties. He went on the play in the pros. When he retired from the NBA his music career in jazz began and he made quite a name for himself. Last year Tisdale died after a long battle with cancer. This is a song Toby Keith wrote about missing his friend. Check it out.

Have a great weekend, and may your days be merry.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

So cute, your snowman trees. Must be vry nice to go through your house and discover all those different trees with different ornaments.

Vonna said...

Wow...trees galore! I love the small tree with the tiny ornies and then the big snowman tree :)
CUTE! You make special Christmas memories for your family!