Sunday, November 8, 2009

Soccer, Pioneer Woman Etc.




First off the pics at the top-- We have Jon displaying his trophy that he won this morning along with all of his teammates. We captured the soccer championship for our league. This is the first time we have been on two championship teams in one year. We are on a roll.

The second picture is of him in his Halloween costume. Once again we chose an Army costume. Maybe someday he really will be a three star general, who knows?

As far a stitching pics go, well sit back because I have a sad story to tell you. I threw the project in the trash. Please note I have only done this once before in all the time I have been stitching. I was working on the Lizzie Kate ABC's of life. I don't know what in the world was wrong with me, but obviously I wasn't in the right mind to stitch or I had temporairly gone blind. I kept having to rip out and then Friday I found the real mistake, not the one I had been ripping out over and over. To make everything correct in the end would have been a major overhaul. So I just said some things that I can't print here because this is a family type blog rated G and they would not be appropriate. I have started again and will soon order myself some Cocoa Bean overdyed thread to replace nearly half of the kit's thread I ripped out over and over again and will be well on my way. Since I only have two letters done currently and the fact that were done in the half lit skating rink I decided to wait on the picture until I truly have something to show for my efforts.

Now on to my really big news. I saw Pioneer Woman! I also saw Marlboro Man, Betsy, Mike, and Baby Eliot. My buddy and fellow stalker friend, Sara, went to her cookbook signing in T-town last Tuesday night. We had a great time, ate some great food, laughed a lot all of which improved my general mental health over 100%. By the time we arrived at the book signing, like five to ten minutes late she had already sold out of her cookbooks, but hey we got to get a peek at her in real life and she did a little question and answer, so we were satisfied. Of course, my camera battery was dead, so we used Sara's camera and she is having trouble with something about getting them to me and I can't remember what the problem was, so someday I will post my pics here for you to see.

We are fast approaching the holidays and I am making plans. I got a couple of Christmas gifts bought this weekend and have been thinking of Christmas baking. I always have bigger plans than the possible time, but I guess that's alright.

Have a great week, and stay healthy. The flu bug is something awful around these parts right now.

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Nice pictures of your son.
Sorry that you had to throw your stitching into the bin. Maybe a new start is really the best. I only once threw a finished piece into the bin because a cup of coffee had been spilled over it (by me, sigh). That was before stitchers started to coffee-dye their fabrics, lol.