Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Small Amount of Progress



Okay, so I have restarted the Lizzie Kate ABC's of Life pattern. I haven't got much done, but here is a glimpse of what is finished. I am taking it slow this time, not trying to hurry and make stupid mistakes again.

I haven't had a lot of time to sit and stitch here lately as it seems that life has been zipping by at record pace. Everytime I think I have a free weekend ahead, I don't. This coming weekend we have church bingo, and Jonathon is running in his first ever 5K race. I am excited to see him try this. He really seems to enjoy participating sports and I try to be supportive of the efforts and keep him encouraged.

I spent the day at home today as I had a doctor's appointment and had to have some fasting blood work done. While I was there I got both the flu shots offered. I guess I should be good for the rest of the flu season. Different sicknesses have been rampant in both my school and Jonathon's, so I feel fortunate that we have managed to avoid everything thus far.

I was going to do a lot of stitching today, but decided that I should really use the extra time to work on some holiday chores needing to be started. I made 4 pumpkin rolls with cream cheese filling. I think I will probably make some more as these make nice gifts, especially on the spur of the moment. They freeze really well and people love them.

We are having Thanksgiving dinner at our house. I don't know who or how many will be here, but I do know that no one will leave hungry. Hopefully, my Cowboys will eek out a victory that day.

Until next time, have a great week and stay healthy and safe.

1 comment:

Brigitte said...

Glad that you started the L*K piece again, it's so nice.
Hopefully the different flus will avoid you this winter. I haven't had the flu shot yet but will go to the doctor next week. When you are together with hundreds of students five days a week you have to protect yourself in some way.