Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bored

That sort of describes my mood here today. I have almost finished the Heart of America cross-stitch project. But mostly we haven't been doing a lot. I mean when the biggest thing you have to look forward to is Jon & Kate Plus Eight returning to the airwaves, well,it shows just how pitiful your life has become.

Last Friday Jonathon and I headed out for a day of shopping and got some wall decorations for the kitchen. While I liked everything we got, it was 50% off, I don't know... somehow when I walk in the kitchen the wall decor looks LARGE! I need to get paint and start painting the living room, but just haven't had to gumption to get started there. To top things off the service engine soon light is on in the new car. I suppose there is a trip to Joplin in my near future, like tomorrow, and two trips to Bartlesville this week with my mom.

Jonathon is having yet another sleepover. His bestest friend is off with his family for a week, and Jonathon doesn't quite know what to do with himself. He wanted to have a friend over, but just didn't know what to do. I had to remind him that he has more than one friend.

We are also in the process of planning a back to school sleepover. He has three friends down to invite. I plan on having it on the same weekend that we work bingo at the church, this way I will get everything over with at one time. Then hopefully we will be at the point of getting back into a routine of some sorts.

I will probably have pictures up soon of my completed Heart of America.

Have a good week.

3 comments:

Vonna said...

I understand the need for a schedule and routine...I have never been so much off schedule than what I have been this summer. And it shows...
Here's to school starting back up...no matter how much running and hectic "stuff" that comes with it, at least we are on schedule!

Brigitte said...

My summer school holidays have just started this week and I'm so much enjoying my free time. I remember when the children were still at school they also were sometimes bored a little bit. And they always were happy to get back to school in one way or the other. Whereas I never was, lol.

Brigitte said...

Oh I forgot: where is your finish???