Wednesday, August 5, 2009

LHN Heart of America

This is my latest stitching finish. It is the LHN Heart of America. I had to change the colors on the words for this project because my linen was not dark enough to contrast with the white thread the pattern used. At first I tried to the use the blue found in the flag, I told myself when I started in that color no matter what it looked like I wasn't going to rip it out. But after getting a few letters of the word "freedom" done I could tell it was going to look awful, so I did rip it and decided to use the gold. The gold wasn't near as bold and garish looking and I was pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

Today is our twentieth wedding anniversary, and it has been a busy day. Jonathon and I had to get up at 5 am to get my mom to the eye doctor. It wasn't too bad as we were back home by 10. Then I totally forgot that today was one of the enrollment days for school, so I ran up and got him enrolled in fifth grade. Tonight we are going out to eat at a local steakhouse. Not that going out to eat is that big of a deal as we do it all the time, but for some reason that is what we always do to celebrate. Then tomorrow it is up and at it to take my mom back for her follow up appointment. I might stop at Hobby Lobby and see about getting Heart of America framed and the Stars and Stripes Forever that I did earlier in the year. Then I absolutely have to get to my school and get some work done in my classroom. I can't believe that I have not been there yet this summer. I guess I will plan on that for tomorrow afternoon. Friday I have to take the car to Joplin in the afternoon and that night we are babysitting the neighbor kid so his parents can go to a concert. Monday Jonathon has an appointment to get his immunizations updated, so time is running out. I like to go into my first three days of meetings and whatnot with all of my stuff already done, then I am not stressed out about everything that is not done.

Okay, I will stop there as I feel like a babbling idiot, and the more I think about everything going on in the next week the more frantic I feel!

Have a good week.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Oh, here it is, your finish. It looks wonderful. Congratulations!
I hope you were having a nice wedding anniversary dinner.
Good luck with all your preparations for the next school year.

Vonna said...

It looks pretty, pretty, pretty Tammy :)
I know how it is about getting school rooms ready for the new year start...I always helped my aunt every year when I was young and unmarried :)