Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Home Remedy for the 4th



I had to share this sure fire home remedy for those little burns you get when shooting fireworks. We use this all the time when we get small burns around the house. It is BALMEX, which to mothers of young ones is diaper rash cream. Case in point the picture above--burn sustained from some mishap while trying to blow bark off the tree with a firecracker. A little of the diaper rash medicine and the stinging is gone and the burn is no longer "hurting". The only reason the wound merits a band aid is because what self-respecting kid of this age would want to be seen in public with baby butt cream on his finger.

I am not proclaiming this is good for major burns, like you might get from the flamethrower made of two-liter bottles and marshmallow gun the above victim has on his back. I suspect this would even work for sunburns, although I haven't tried it because I never stay in the sun long enough to get a sunburn. I do, however, promise the first person I spy with a sunburn I will smear some of this on and let you know the results.

Have a great 4th if I don't talk to you before then!

No comments: