Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Stitcher's Must Have For Vacations



We heading to Chicago in about a month and I still need to pick up several things for the trip like for example a suitcase with wheels that you can pull instead of carry. The one thing I made sure to get in plenty of time was the book in the photo above A Needlecrafter's Travel Companion. These are great books for the traveling stitcher. It is arranged in alphabetical order by state and has a list of shops that cater to needlework. Several shops have ads in them for each state, but at the end of the ads there is a list of the shops and their phone numbers. They also have a list of stitching retreats and shows for that state.

I used this several times when we have gone places. I used it in New Orleans, Memphis, my home state of Kansas, Dallas, and when we visited Minnesota. I have found some great little stitch shops here and there. For example, one of them I found was a quaint little shop in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Another was a huge shop in a suburb of Minneapolis called Stitcherville USA. I also have looked when we make a quick trip to Wichita, Kansas City or Joplin to see if there are any new shops in the area I don't know about.

On the home front the first three stockings were delivered and my friend was thrilled with them. I am fast at work on the fourth and final one for these two gals.

Jonathon's baseball team is still undefeated. He has had a really hard time batting this year. We have been practicing that and will probably go and hit a few baseballs tonight. I went to Wal-Mart and bought a dozen baseballs. We go to the ball field and I pitch all of them to him then we gather them and do it again. I figure if he can hit something pitched by me, then he can probably hit in a game. Last night the slump was finally broken and he hit a good solid double.

It is still rainy here, we have had several big thunderstorms pop up here and there lately. This morning a big one blew up with lots of wind and predications of hail and large amounts of rain. This of course led us to find out if our car would fit in the garage, and it did, barely. Our house is older and has the two garage doors instead of one big one, not to mention I don't think SUV's were even thought of at the time it was built.

I am off to stitch, Jonathon is off with a friend, so I have some free time. Dan has a meeting tonight, and it is the season finale of the Real Housewives of New Jersey! Whoo!Hoo!

No comments: