Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Roasting Away...

No, sorry I am not cooking anything, but the heat here is something awful right now! With the heat index it feels like 105 outside. It isn't too bad if you are outside and not moving around, but if you have to do anything WOW! I went to Wal-Mart and got a new fan, one of those oscillating tower fans, besides the air conditioner and ceiling fan I need more air moving around.

I was all prepared to show you a picture of the stocking progress that I am making on the last stocking, but the camera battery died. This is a stocking that I also did in the last three, so it is really a repeat.

Tomorrow night is our last ballgame of the season, a make up game from earlier in the month. Sometimes I start to doubt the whole concept of sports for kids. Really I haven't noticed on the whole a lot of poor sportsmanship, but it seems to just take one to set my blood to boiling. It seems to me that the kids don't really mind winning or losing this year they just go with the flow and are happy to be out there with their buddies. Most of the competition is more of a friendly nature, like cousins pitching to each other, best friends tagging each other out, you know that sort of thing. The problem is the adults. Case in point- at swimming lessons this morning one mom remarked to me that she certainly hoped our team lost tomorrow and our perfect season would be ruined. I told her not to count on that because our team is pretty determined. What I really wanted to say was something along the lines of her being a petty, jealous lady who needed to get a life, but with many different adjectives, nouns, and verbs added. However, if I did that then I would not have a family type blog. Another grandparent sits behind homeplate and when the opposing team bats he keeps yelling SWING! Then there is the psycho guy who will never be allowed to coach again, being fired from a volunteer job should be a clue to all of you readers, every game we have several rec officials there just to monitor his behavior. I guess the good news is this too shall pass and that will probably be about 7:30 tomorrow for me.

When we came home from the ball game last night I stayed up until about 3 am and did up all the laundry. I like to stay up late and do housework when the rest of the house is sleeping, I don't know why. I am thankful when I do stay up late that we have cable tv because really I am tired of hearing about North Korea, Iran, Jon and Kate, Casey Anthony and Chris Brown. At least, there is always Roseanne reruns on Nick@Nite.

Until next time, have a great week and happy stitching.

No comments: