Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rain, and More Rain



Well, here is the picture of the baby afghan I finished for my niece. I have actually started another one, because to tell the truth I am just not in the mood to stitch. I am sure I will get back into it once the school year is over. But for now I am crocheting.

It rained on Saturday, and then again on Sunday. Yesterday was gorgeous, so gorgeous we went outside after lunch for a little bit of socializing with other classes and fresh air. Today it rained and rained and thundered with lightening. Of course the kids were absolutely bonkers the more it thundered and what not. Our scheduled baseball scrimmage is rained out, which is good because it is Real Housewives Night.

We are down to only 7 kid days and 1/2 of a workday. This year just seems to be never ending. I feel like I have so many things I need to be working on and finishing. Every year I do a scrapbook for Jonathon. I have one for every year. I still have to finish year 9, it is almost there. I am really seriously thinking about doing a digital scrapbook at Shutterfly. I just think it would be so much easier and faster for me to do, than all the cutting and what not. Then I start to feel guilty like I don't want to change things up. I don't know what I will do. I doubt in ten or fifteen years he will be all broken up if I went to computer generated scrapbooks instead of hand made.

The other exciting news I have is that Jonathon, Abby, my mother and I are all going to Chicago for three days this summer on a vacation. It has been about three years since we have gone anywhere on a summer vacation. Dan will be working and won't have any vacation time, so he is staying home. Not only that he absolutely knows he will hate Chicago (how I don't know). Anyway the trip is booked and reservations made. We are going in July. I got a 4GB card for my camera. I am going to sit down someday here soon and make out an intinerary of what we will do on each day. I know they will have fun while we sneak a little education in here and there.

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Just Charming said...

Oooo... Chicago! Sounds like fun!
Take lots of pictures!

We leave for Ohio at the end of this month. 2 weeks in Ohio. What will we do?

Brigitte said...

This afghan is a beauty. Congratulations on this finish.
It must feel soooo great to have only a couple of days before summer vacation starts.
Chicago sounds so much fun. Enjoy your planning.