Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Winner Is.... and another stocking start


Yes, Bridgette you are the winner. You can email me from my profile page with your snail mail and I will send you your stocking patterns.



This is the third stocking I have started and thanks to soccer practice I have a couple hours more stitching time in this week. The Shepherd's Bush ladies have such an eye for color. They seem to know just how many dark, rich colors to blend with the lighter muted colors and the best combinations. Honestly, photos on the charts and photos taken by the stitcher do not do their designs justice.

Not much has gone on this week except the big birthday week, which you can read about below. That and the fact that April seems to be flying by and that means May is not far behind. May means the end of yet another school year. It is hard to believe every year about this time that my students will soon be high school freshmen. I took about forty of them uptown to Subway to buy their lunch out this week as a reward for meeting their accelerated reading goal. You never know with that age who will show up--their evil personna or their good personna. But I have to tell I was like one proud momma with those kids--polite, well-mannered, and quiet. Other people eating there even commented on their behavior. That is those that were brave enough to come in. We had several look in the door and run the other way.

Today they are predicting snow for tonight and tomorrow and we are having a swimming party to celebrate Jonathon's birthday. It will be a nice party as he has picked some pretty good friends to hang out with and the crowd is pretty much the same from year to year. He has been in this cycle with another friend of having a sleepover every time we turn around. Friday night they spent the night here, so there was very little sleep. Tonight should be an early night after swimming.

Dan is still on the job hunt. He has several promising prospects, but with wet weather and the slow economy it may take us awhile to find something permanent. All I know is the fact that we are going to have two hard freezes in a row this week doesn't bother me in the least. We have no crops to be ruined, so who the heck cares if it snows in April! I could do without the forty mile an hour gusting north wind.

Hope you all have a productive and wonderful week.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Your SB stockings are AMAZING! Wow!!

And belated happy birthday wishes to your son. :D

Brigitte said...

Wow, I'm a lucky girl! This is the first give-away that I've ever won. Thank you, Tammy, and I'll send you my snail mail address later this evening.
The new stocking you started already looks great. I agree with you on the colours they use. I just love them.
Happy birthday to your son!