Monday, April 27, 2009

This, That and the Other

Not a lot has been going on in our neck of the woods. I was all geared up for a hectic busy week to start and from the looks of the weather it all just got canceled. I don't know how much rain we got in the past hour or so, but I am betting there will be no baseball practice tomorrow night or soccer on Wednesday. We still need to get baseball shoes, so now I am guessing we have a little more time.

Of course we don't have to worry about the weather farming wise, but wouldn't you know Dan's new job revolves around the weather. Yep, they don't work if it is wet and rainy, and if you don't work you don't get paid. The more things change the more they stay the same.

I don't have any stocking pics to show you because I haven't actually got that much stitching finished lately and the stocking I am working on now is just like the one I did the first time, so you can look at those pics.

About the only thing I really managed to get accomplished this weekend was making cinnamom rolls. I made a lot of them! I gave them to all of my friends and some of Jonathon's friends. At one point I had both my mom and Dan in the kitchen helping me. Most of you don't know what a statement that actually is. See neither one is very good at following directiions. Hence, they say they will help then they don't do what you tell them to do the way you told them to do it. Therefore, that is not help, or maybe I am just too picky I don't know.

I am terribly ready for May to come and for school to be over with. High schoolitis has really set in for the eighth graders and that is not a good thing.

Have a great week.

3 comments:

Brigitte said...

Sorry to hear that Dan couldn't start his new job yet. I hope the weather will get better soon.
Making such an amount of cinnamon rolls is certainly hard work (would be for me, lol). But with the two helpers you got it was done a lot faster I'm sure, lol.
I can see how much you wait for school being over. I still have to wait until the end of July - seems to be incredibly looooooong until then.

Just Charming said...

Cinnamon rolls... yum! The only kind I get are the ones from the refridgerated section of the super market :)

I've been seeing some of the weather footage on the news. I hope you are all doing okay. Fingers crossed that things will get better soon.

Just Charming said...

Oh, I hope you are spared from any flooding.

I was just thinking that Spring must be the shortest season, but I suppose you are thinking it is lasting too long! School will be out soon. You'll have a nice break. I hope you are able to enjoy your summer.

I think I'll check out that website for the cinnamon roll recipe. Easy is always a good thing in my book.

Tempura is a Japanese dish, yes. Seafood and Veggies are dipped into a batter much like pancake batter (but not sweet) and then deep fried and dipped into a soy sauce like sauce. Would you like to try it? I can send you a box and a bottle of sauce. All instructions are in English. We eat it with white rice. If you're interested let me know and I'll get it out to you.