Friday, April 10, 2009

Pool Punks



Yep! That is what they are! With the exception of one kid in the photo all of them are fourth graders. There were about three others there, but this bunch has hung out together since kindergarten. The swimming party was a huge success, everyone had fun, especially Tanner from across the street. He is four and had to wear a life vest because the water was over his head at the shallow end, but that did not deter him. He went off the diving board over and over doing whatever the big kids did.

I don't have much stitching progress to show off, because well I have not stitched that much actually, but I am slowly getting there. I plan to do some major stitching tonight while watching Friday Night Lights, well, if I don't fold laundry. That really should be high on the list of priorities around here since we are almost at the state of underwear emergency.

We think Dan has a job and will be starting soon, at least that is the way it looks so we are keeping our fingers crossed on that front. The last nine months have been such a rollercoaster ride for us in every way shape and form. I must say, however, so many have been so kind to us. Even if it was just a kind word here and there it made all the difference in the world. We certainly can't discount the fact that we have so many wonderful friends.

I need to get busy. I am going to i-tunes to download some oldies music for my class to listen to on Tuesday. We are reading a book about the integration of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas. In the book the two girls are always talking about the music they listen to, and I was really surprised when most of them said they didn't know who Fats Domino was! They had never even heard the song "Blueberry Hill." That will all change on Tuesday!

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Just Charming said...

Well, that pool party sure sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad that all the kids had such a great time. You just can't beat having a great group of friends! It's wonderful to hear about your other good news, too. Tell Dan that we wish him the best! As for your students... well... that just doesn't surprise me at all. I'm glad you'll be sharing some music history with them :)

Brigitte said...

Tammy, I know underwear emergency very well, the same with shirt emergency and socks emergency, lol. My ironing basket is always full to the brim - no wonder as stitching is so much more attractive than ironing and folding laundry.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Dan and his future job!