Sunday, March 15, 2009

Stocking #2



I realize that you can not tell a lot by the current progress, but hopefully I can remedy that by the end of the week. This is for my friend's new granddaughter. She was born in November. It will be a young lady holding a flag, which will be appropriate because her daddy is in the army. His will be the Shepherd's Bush stocking that looks like a soldier. The nice thing about these patterns are that they work up so quickly.

I actually would have had more done if I had not been sidelined by my current book. The librarian at our school gave it to me so I could read it and write an AR test for her. It is the The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb. I have read some of his other books, and they were okay, but this one was really good. I started reading about 9:30 yesterday morning and finished last night about midnight. It is about a couple teaching at Columbine during the school attack, he isn't there at the time, but she is in the library. The entire story is about her recovery from the experience and how it leads him on a path of self discovery about his own upbringing etc. Lamb also incorporates other big events in US history such as 9-11, Hurricane Katrina.

This week is spring break. I am helping with picture day at Jonathon's school tomorrow. In a way having separate spring breaks might be a blessing disguise, because I am sure I will get more done house wise then I would have otherwise. At least I will have to get up and at it every morning to get him off to school.

We are getting ready for dinner, pork loin sandwiches, baked potatoes (Pioneer Woman style), and chocolate pie. Jonathon is at Abby's right now, so we will have to run over there and collect him before everything is done. After that I think we are going to my mom's and Dan is going to put up mini blinds and hang pictures. She just loves it when we wait until the day is almost over to start projects, but that is just when we usually end up doing stuff like that. Hopefully there will be a basketball game she can watch while he is doing the work.

We also have to make a grocery store run. He is taking his lunch two days this week. Usually this consists of a ham sandwich, chips, jello or pudding, with a Gatorade to drink. Well, he is tired of that he wants lunchables, but he doesn't like the ham and turkey stackers, the pizza, taco, or nacho either. So I guess it will be Chicken Dunks or Chicken Shakers (?). I know that sound stupid, but I was a picky eater when I was little too. I now eat a lot of different foods, so he will probably outgrow this eventually. It must be true that you get paid back by your kids when you have them.

Everyone have a great week.

No comments: