Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Missed History

Yesterday was the day a historic event happened, but Jonathon and I missed it. I got up not feeling well, so I called in sick. I gave Dan instructions for making Jonathon's lunch and whatnot before heading back to bed. Right as I was about to nod off Jonathon was in the bedroom near tears explaining how bad his throat hurt. Long story short, he stayed home also. I called his peditrician and got an appointment and we spent the most historic moment in recent history waiting for our strep swab test thingy to come back in exam room 6. Yep, he had strep and I had some cruddy winter thing.

So today we are all on the mend, I went back to work and Jonathon stayed home one more day. The antibiotics must be kicking in as he wants to go to Wal-Mart.

Dan is on his way to Iowa with his brother, two sisters, and a niece to attend the funeral of his cousin Cindy.



Cindy was in a car wreck a couple of weeks ago and died of complications from those injuries Saturday. It was a shock to hear the news. She was a great gal. She always added life to the party with her quick wit and sense of humor. It isn't often that all of Dan's cousins get together, but when they do it is as if they just saw each other yesterday. I am sure through the sadness of her service tomorrow there will also be lots of smiles to go with fond memories of her. We love and miss you Cindy.

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday and Friday. The weekend is not far away.

3 comments:

Vonna said...

My deepest, most sincerest sympathies to you during this time of grief...I'm so sorry.

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Thanks, Vonna. I hope you have a relaxing, stitching weekend.
Tammy

stitchin schoolmarm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.