Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Hate Housework!

I have a list of things that I need to get done, but getting the motivation to get them done just isn't there. Afterall, I have stitching to do, not to mention the fact that I have to mentally prepare myself to start yet another Monday at work. That is both good and bad, another Monday puts us that much closer to the end of the school year, but it is still Monday, you know what I mean? I guess a good thing about this particular Monday is that we have a ballgame. That means we can wear our school shirts with sweats or jeans, ahhh!

I started a new project this week, the Bent Creek Star and Stripes Forever. A very simple pattern that is moving along quite nicely. I just went over the Twisted Stitcher this weekend and saw Vonna's post about her Heaven and Earth design she recently started. What a brave soul! If I ever try anything like that someone please come over and take my thread and needles from me.

The new year is bringing lots of changes to our household, hopefully good changes. We are no longer a farming family, it is a very long involved, sorid little affair that isn't fun to discuss. So let's just leave it at that. We are not sure what exactly Dan's next venture in life will be, but we are kind of excited to have him home on some sort of a schedule and see him with some free time. That in itself will be a huge adjustment, because Jonathon and I just aren't used to having him home that much. Last summer during wheat harvest, and planting beans he would leave at 7:30 and come home sometime around 11 that night. So all in all I think this will be a positive change.

Well, I had better go back and look over my list and see if I can't get at least a couple more things done on it. I am also taking dinner to a friend tonight, seems she is having a rough time with sick parents, three kids and a husband, so maybe this will give her a breather. I had to bring my co-pilot (my mom) on this adventure because she is the official homemade noodle maker! I can make noodles, but they don't look very appetizing.

Have a good week!

3 comments:

Vonna said...

Oh now....you could do a HAED, it's just X's :)
Good luck on Dan's new adventure, I'll keep you all in my prayers :)

Just Charming said...

It is so nice of you to take dinner over to your friends. I'm sure the entire family appreciates it.

I hope this year is delightful for you! Dan's new venture sounds like it will benefit the family in some way. My best to you all!

Aloha! said...

I hear ya! I hate housework too. At this very moment I'm staring at a pile of clean clothes that need to be folded.