Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another Day in the Life

Well, not a lot has been happening here. We have had a very calm week. Some stitching was accomplished on the the Stars and Stripes Forever. The kids at school were all in a good humor and doing what they were supposed to be doing.

This was our weekend to work church bingo. We have quite a little bingo operation at our church that enables us to do a lot of things financially we wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Most of the time we use the money for upkeep projects, but other times the money we make has gone to help out parishoners who are sick with an long-term illness etc.

Anyway, it being our bingo weekend meant I had a lot of cooking to do for the concessions. I made a large pot of ham and beans, a homemade cheesecake (that miraculously did not get over brown in the oven), two dozen homemade cinnamon rolls, and a chocolate pie. I brought home a few leftover cinnamon rolls. Dan and Jonathon always complain that I only bake when it is for bingo so sometime this week I will make them a chocolate pie also.

Jonathon is piled up on the couch again with a low grade fever and sore throat. He hasn't strep yet this winter, but about every two weeks he complains of a sore throat and runs a fever. I am wondering if it could be his tonsils, but he always seems to be better a day later.

And I did get the housework done! So after laundry, today is a stitching day. Jonathon is out of school tomorrow, but I have in service. Why do I have in service? I don't know. We used to have this day off also, but tomorrow I get to sit in the HS cafeteria ALL day (on an uncomfortable chair) and listen to people talk. Yep, we get to that for six hours! I can't wait. I need to get to Wal-Mart this afternoon and find me a good magazine or two to read.

Have a good week.

1 comment:

Just Charming said...

I hope Jonathon feels better soon. Right after New Years the kids came down with colds. Both Shelby and Aiden had high fevers. Aiden kept pointing to his throught so I suspect it was sore, too. Being sick is never fun!