Friday, December 26, 2008

My Husband....

gave me a Christmas gift that really surprised me and lifted my spirits this year! Here a picture of it, yes, my very own Mrs. Beasley doll!!!



I was always a big fan of the show Family Affair, I watched it religiously when I was a little girl. Once when Buffy and Jody got lost from Mr. French on a family vacation in Mexico and the show was continued until next week, I bawled and bawled!
One year my cousin Angie got a Mrs. Beasley doll for Christmas and I was so mad! Even though I was well past the age to play with dolls, she got this one and she didn't even watch the show! BTW she was the first person I called yesterday morning after I opened it. You know what she said??? "I don't even know what happened to my Mrs. Beasley doll." See she did not even appreciate what she had.

Anyway, last month in the Soap Opera Digest there was an ad for this doll on the back cover. Dan saw the magazine and knew I had loved Family Affair as a little girl and got it for me. My SIL's were really impressed that he paid that much attention to know I even wanted one. He also got me a heart necklace with a diamond in the middle and it was encrusted with little diamond chips around the outside, but I like the doll the best.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a thoughtful gift. Enjoy!

Vonna said...

Now isn't that the sweetest thing? So did you cuddle her up on Christmas Day night and sleep in peaceful slumber?