Saturday, November 22, 2008

Turkey Trot and Other




This weekend our community had their annual Turkey Trot 5k run and 1 mile fun run. Jonathon and his friend Nicholas participated in the 1 mile fun run. Jonathon was second place in his age division and Nicholas was third. We had previously done another one of these in October of last year. Jonathon received second overall in his age division also.

It was about 20 degrees when the race started and it didn't warm up much past that by the time they were finally done. Although we haven't done these too often, Jonathon really wants to do a 5k next year, so we will probably let him try that to see how he likes it. This particular race was not very organized at all. It took them over an hour to tabulate the results, then most of them were wrong. They would call out a name as winner of their division and they would say "I didn't win, that person beat me." Hopefully next year that can work some of this out and things will go smoother. Although it would not have been nearly as bad if you didn't have to stand in the cold that long.

Next week Dan's brother and his family are coming over for Thanksgiving. I really don't look forward to the holidays in the having a big family dinner aspect of the holidays. The cooking isn't a problem. I just like to have extra people around because my mom eats with us on a daily basis, so it doesn't seem like a holiday dinner really unless we have some other company. Neither Dan nor I come from a family that tend to get together for the holidays.

I am most definitely ready for the days off of work, though. This year has really got me down. I don't know--it just seems that the morale of everyone there is low and getting lower. It also seems that a few bad apples are always ruining it for everyone else.

I have been doing a little bit of stitching here and there. Not much though. Mostly I have been reading in my spare time.

Hope you all have a great holiday and relaxing weekend.

No comments: