Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Fun Never Ends...

Just when I thought things couldn't be more hectic or our luck couldn't be worse..... the air quit yesterday. We finally got it working again last night and the house was comfortable for sleeping, but we're still not sure what exactly the problem is. So, guess what Dan is doing this weekend?

Yesterday we made a trip to Hobby Lobby and I got some stuff to try and make some flat fold stand ups. I made two, the first I was totally unhappy with as it didn't look all that "neat" and perfecto. The second one was much better. I counted and I had approximately 13 different things I needed to do something with and framing is way too expensive and out of the question. I am using the directions from The Twisted Stitcher's tutorials and they work like a charm. Very easy to follow and these make up quickly.

On the other hand I did manage to get some cleaning done, I moved all the furniture in the living room and vaccummed underneath and behind it as well as the normal things you have to do everyday.

On the not housework front I finally got my mom and Jon some new music downloaded for their ipod shuffles. They both always want a song added and when you ask what the song is you get great answers like-- the one they played at the swimming pool the other day. Let's see, oh I know that song! We were only there three hours and heard about thirty songs, but I am sure I know the one you are talking about. My mom wanted the song they played on that commercial about the Olympics. Hello? How many Olympic ads are there on television right now? She did start writing down some of the lyrics when it came on, so that helped us figure out it was "Imagine" by John Lennon.

If you are ever looking for a gift for your mother, who has everything, I highly recommend something like an i-pod or shuffle. If your mother is like mine she is technologically challenged. We got her one for Mother's Day and I downloaded fifty some odd old songs that I knew she would like and gave it to her. She loves it. I got her the shuffle instead of a nano because I figured the shuffle would be easier to operate. Neither she nor Jonathon troubleshoot very well, one week they each came running panicked because "they wouldn't work!" They needed charged, problem solved. I only wish all of life's problems were that easy to solve, I would plug my life and my family's into a battery charger.

Maybe before the weekend is over I will have a problem free air system and some pictures of my latest creations to show.

Until then have a great Saturday, if you live in my neck of the woods we are under a heat advisory, so stay cool. Actual temp right now 95 with a heat index of 105 and 44% humidity. It is hot and muggy.

3 comments:

Vonna said...

I'm glad you liked my tutorials...flatfolds were one of the first "finishes" I ever tried ;)

I don't own a nano, shuffle, ipod, mp3 player or anything like it. I still use my CD player...but I sure would LIKE to have one :)

Carol R said...

Welcome to blogland! I am sure you will have fun and soon get lots of 'hits'.
Looks forward to seeing all your stitching photos

Stitches 'N' Stones said...

Can't wait to see your flatfold finishes.

You won my birthday contest a few weeks ago, can you please email me your snail mail addy so I can send your package? Thanks! Tracy