Monday, July 7, 2008

The Inventor of Metallic Thread

should be shot, tarred and feathered or something! I have been stitching on Lady Liberty and I am doing the metallic stitching. I really hate the awful stuff, later I get to stitch with one strand of DMC and a strand of the metallic stuff. I can wait forever to do that. Actually, it was to the point today that I seriously thought of putting the old gal away and stitching something else. I would however, like to be able to say I have finished something besides that little kit this summer.

Jonathon had a buddy over to play today so I did get about four hours of peace and quiet to stitch. Besides a couple of romps through the kitchen to grab a cupcake and drink I hardly knew they were there. I told the little boy's mom she could pick up him about 5, but not to hurry because when she did that meant I had to get up and go outside and mow. You would know this woman was the most punctual person on Earth, she showed up right at five! Anyway, I am hoping that the mowing is done for at least a week and Dan is home the next time it needs to be done.

Have a great Tuesday, I plan to ... you know me, Lady Liberty, diet coke, and Reba reruns with a little Y & R and Days of Lives thrown in for good measure.

2 comments:

Just Charming said...

Hi, Tammy. It was great to see a comment from you on my blog. I knew my father shared my blog with family, but I just never feel my blog is interesting enough to keep checking up on. I'd love to see posts of your... is it cross-stitching. I love crafts of all kind! Oh... and I'm guilty of watching the reruns of Reba, too.

Heather said...

Hi, and thanks for the comment on my blog! What metallic are you using? I agree that none of them are particularly fun, but some are much much better than others. Feel free to send me an email and I'll be happy to see if I have any tips to help working with that particular one, or tips on what to replace it with in the future!
heathere3 atoptonlinedotnet will get to me, making the appropriate subs of course!

Oh, and if I knew where she bought the bumper sticker I'd buy a few too! It looked pretty old and the surface was coming off though :(