Saturday, June 14, 2008

FLAG DAY


I love it when the flags fly all up and down the main drag of small little places like ours. I don't think there is anything more beautiful than that. The above picture was taken at the cemetary where my dad is buried on Memorial Day. A local couple in my hometown wanted to have the flags flying at the cemetary on such holidays, so they started a campaign asking people to sponsor a flag and pole in someone one's memory. One of those flags is flying honor of my dad. He was in the army, but never fought in a war. Actually he was stationed in Germany at the same time Elvis Presley was there serving our country. He never said anything about that until Elvis died. He remembered Elvis coming to the base where he was stationed a couple of times.


God Bless America!

No comments: